Friday, March 30, 2012

Dragon Award

…and this years Dragon Award goes to Noah Tesauro for excellence in reading!  Ok it wasn't that dramatic but I am still over the moon proud of my kid!  Noah got an award today for continually excelling at reading and improving by leaps and bounds!  Once he got the hang of it he quickly moved up to the top level reading group for the Kindergarteners.  His teacher told me that when she reads with him he asks for the longest and hardest words to sound out.  At home our routine has changed drastically too.  I used to read 2 books a night.  A while ago it turned into shared reading - I read a page then Noah read a page.  Just last week it changed again.  Now I read 1 book to Noah and he reads 1 book to me!

We were invited to join the assembly at school today to see Noah get his award.  It was very special and I'm glad Leo and I were both able to attend.  The assembly was only for Kinder and First graders.  They started by singing their school song, a few announcements and then gave out awards.  There were a few for reading, excelling at all curriculum subjects,  being kind, being a good friend, etc.  All the kids were adorable and so proud of themselves!  You could tell it meant a lot to be awarded in front of their classmates and shake the principal's hand!  Noah was 1 in 3 kids from his class to be awarded.  

just walked into the cafeteria

singing the Castlemont song

Noah's classmate talking about having the dragon in their class

Noah's teacher and Principal

Noah's name called

shaking the principal's hand

showing off his award

checking for his name




No comments: