Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Year Ago Today...

A year ago today I became a stay-at-home-mom.  It was something I had thought about.  Something I had talked about.  But never something I was brave enough to act on.  So with a stroke of luck from an ill-fitted job, the opportunity presented itself and I leapt.  The past year has been an absolute blessing.  I feel so fortunate to have been able to spend so much quality time with Noah and Julian, especially now that Noah is in Kindergarten.  I enjoy being able to drop Noah off, walk him to class and pick him up every day.  I'm glad that I will be able to volunteer at events his school hosts throughout the year without the guilt of missing work.  I'm thankful for my one-on-one time with Julian before the arrival of #3.  It's been fun working on the alphabet, colors and numbers with him and he has surprised me with how quickly he's learning.  I look forward to being with the new baby, and not fretting over possibly missing milestones such as the first babbles, rolling over, and first steps because I am at work while she is at daycare.


Though I know situations can change overnight, I will continue to be thankful for each day I get to spend at home raising my kids.  It will continue to be a comfort knowing I will be there for each of them as they need me.  I will cherish these memories always.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Jen, It is a blessing being a stay at home mom! I was frightened at first and then got the hang of it. I cherished the Elementary years they went quick. My boys are in 6th grade now and wow changes in every directions.. I love my husband for giving me the opportunity to grow with the boys. I love being involved and would not change a thing! Can't wait to meet #3... Love your ambition and courage! :) Me Barb !