Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Top 5 reasons I am ready for Fall

Don't get me wrong, I like the summer and the heat.  Who doesn't love Summer vacations and tans?  But Fall is my all-time most favorite season.  I can only imagine how awesome it would be to live somewhere that actually had seasons and you could see them coming (i.e. color changing leaves, golden hued skies, crisp air).  There is just something about the food, the cozy comfort and the holidays that make me love Fall.


So here they are in no particular order...


1.  Picking out and sewing Halloween costumes.  You may think I'm crazy but I love to sew a costume!  And I'm already deep in discussion with the boys over what they want to be this year.  


2.  The heartier, more flavorful food - soup, stew, roasted everything, baked goods galore, everything pumpkin, and yummy Starbucks coffee flavors.


3.  Comfortable, cozy clothing - I feel like there are more options in the Fall vs shorts and tank tops.  Especially boots!!  I'm a flip flop girl at heart but dang I love me some nice new boots!  And I'm not talking UGGS, but those are great too.  Cashmere sweaters and scarves get to come out of the closet.  Shearling and fur (fake or not) are totally acceptable in the Fall.  The rich colors of Fall clothing and accessories are much more my speed too.


4.  A roaring fireplace.  Ours will be used to it's utmost capacity.  We will sit in front of it drinking tea and hot chocolate at night while watching TV.  Can't wait!  


5.  Last but not least...and this is a new one...my baby girl is due!!!  I can't wait to meet her and do hope she comes a little early, but I am totally fine with a September arrival.  Then I will have 2 Fall babies (Noah is Spring)!


So hurry up Fall!  It's time of you to make your appearance, your #1 fan is waiting.  And stay as long as you like because I'm never in any rush for the Winter to come.  


PS - here is a no. 6 I just thought of...I am chomping at the bit to start wearing all my new Fall hued nail polishes.  I'm so over all these brights and neon's.  Blah.    

No comments: