Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten

It's finally upon us...Noah is a Kindergartner.  I can not believe how fast this day arrived.  It feels like just yesterday that he was a newborn and Leo and I were learning the ropes how to be parents.  If you would have tried to talk to me about it last week I would have teared up and probably started crying.  But I knew for Noah's sake that I needed to hold it together today.  I didn't want to upset him and cause a scene, making it hard for me to leave him, and hard for him to be left.  Thankfully as soon as Noah woke up this morning he was full of smiles and excitement to start school today.  Leo and I made sure to hype up the day (which wasn't that hard since we've both been excited too) by making a big deal about getting his supplies for class, a loaded pencil box for home, new clothes only for when school started, checking out the campus, and learning his teacher's name and room number.   

So after finding a parking spot - HARD, Leo said his goodbye and I rushed Noah over to his class.  We waited in line to get into the room so his teacher could introduce herself to each child and their family individually.  Nice touch.  He got his name tag, hung his backpack and lunch box and headed into the room to settle in.  I got to hang out with him a bit while his teacher continued to greet students. His class is awesome!  2 computers, a play kitchen area, a reading area, and lots of places to play with educational products.  I even saw the cubby with each kids pencil box.  The playground area is great too!  Sectioned off and gated in from the rest of the school, it has 2 play-structures, a grassy area, and games and tracks to ride or play on at recess.  As you can imagine, after visiting the campus twice Noah is most excited about recess.

Back to drop off...Noah immediately dug through the books looking for one in particular, The 3 Little Pigs.  Thankfully it was there!  After he looked through it he wandered over to the sign in sheet to write his name on the paper.  Finally he made his way to the play kitchen area where he proceeded to make 20 pancakes for all his new classmates.  At this point his teacher announced it was time for parents to take a last picture and head over to the assembly for Kinder parents.  I'm happy to say that Noah and I hugged, I told him to have a good day and that I would pick him up after school.  He was all smiles, and I was too.  Phew, glad that's behind me.   


Getting a hug from dad

Walking to class

See how excited he is!  Haha. 

Proud mommy!
I love my big boy Noah!


Looking for The 3 Little Pigs 

Found it!!

Making 20 pancakes







No comments: