Saturday, April 30, 2011

New Princess Coming To Town

Baby Girl sucking her thumb

Baby Girl looking cozy 

When Leo and I first heard the baby girl news at the ultrasound appointment we were more scared than excited.  Actually you could probably say we were both terrified.  There was complete silence in the room when the nurse announced we were looking at little lady bits.  There were fearful eyes and tense smiles.  Just prior to that Leo blurted out that he saw a penis...it was then I realized we were both on board for another boy.  Heck, we knew what to do with a boy.  We knew what to expect.  We are headed into uncharted territory here.


Jump to a couple days later.  The nervousness subsided and we started to get really excited about having a little girl.  Is she going to bring an air of calm to the house, or is she going to be rough-and-tumble to keep up with her brothers?  Am I going to be a "play dress up with my little doll" kind of mom, or raise a tom-boy?  Either way I know it will be fun to buy dresses, bloomers, ruffle butt pants, tu-tu's, mini pink Adidas gear, sparkly shoes, headbands and everything pink and purple in absolute and unnecessary excess (which I got to do for the first time this afternoon - thanks Mom!).  It has been quite nice to hear the boys talk about their sister, and Leo about his daughter.  


We've been scouring our brains, books and internet for the perfect name.  We are asking Noah and Julian for their input as well.  Since they both knew it was a girl maybe they have the inside track on a great name.  All we know for sure is she will carry on the middle name my mom and I share.  A nice and easy legacy to work with since it pretty much fits well with any first name.


Noah has a short list of names he's picked, which we pretty much vetoed right away - but they are amusing.  Every time I ask him it changes and I'm highly curious as to where some of these names came from.
  • Jessica
  • Sheila
  • Calypso (Pirates of the Caribbean)
  • Delilah (maybe from the song)
  • Felicia (Shrek)


So, now there is an official heir to my throne...a new princess coming to town.  I guess that makes me the Queen.  I'm good with that.

2 comments:

Sheelagh said...

I'm SO excited for you. What fun! Girls are great especially when they have older brothers to help them get down and dirty! You will indeed enjoy the differences I am sure. I LOVE having some boys and some girls in this house. It is so fun to see how they are different and how they are the same, but overall the influences they have on one another.
I do have to ask what your middle name is though since you didn't include it in the post where you said you were going to use it for the baby girl. We have always picked middle names first, so I hope that works well for you too.

JCW said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys will do great with a baby girl, it will make your boys more tender hearted and protective : ) congrats, don't be nervous!