Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was last Sunday and I was treated to a very nice family outing to Santa Cruz.  We went to The Boardwalk, ate waaaaaay too much fried food and rode as many rides as we could.  Everyone had so much fun!  We all went into the (not so) newly remodeled Haunted Castle.  Noah said "It wasn't bad at all!" but I think Julian was a little scared.  I couldn't get Noah to ride the kid roller coaster with me, but Julian volunteered and he had so much fun!  He laughed through the entire ride!  So proud of my little thrill-seeker!  


happy to get a donut

eye c u

first game...

Julian won!!

the prize!

Noah knocked down all the milk cans…honestly, he did it all by himself

He won a stuffed polar bear

daddy wanted a potato

big rig drivers

me & my kids

me & Julian on the mini-coaster

headed onto the beach for a bit

tuckered out

sand play

burrying daddy's feet (while daddy gets a minute of phone time)

For lunch I got to go a place near and dear to my heart…Woodstocks Pizza.  YUM!! I ate this on a regular basis in college, ok - like every night.  Hello freshman 15 (or 20).  When I found out there was one in Santa Cruz a few years back I was all about heading over to try it out.  Same great pizza, wildebread and cinnabread.  Happy mom over here!

oh-yeah!

the surf bird!

mini cheese pizzas = happy kids

cinnabread - sooooo good!

All in all, I'd say it was a happy Mother's day!  Oh, in case you didn't see here are the gifts the boys made me at school.

from Julian - the hearts open like a clip to hold a picture or art

from Noah - it's a portrait of himself, in a frame. 

1 comment:

SCarlino said...

Looked like a wonderful Mother's Day! You even did the rollercoasters!!! Good for you ;)