Thursday, May 24, 2012

Jog-A-Thon

Today there was a jog-a-thon at the boys' school.  It was quite a to-do…lots of tents set up, a dj with speakers, a stage, water booths, a bbq, and a race with the principal.  There was a raffle to select the kids that got to race with the principal and Noah's name was pulled.  He was super excited to hear his name announced over the speakers!  I didn't realize the preschool was participating so I didn't have Julian with me.  But I quickly amended my mistake and had Leo bring him over to jog.  


Leo stayed with them for a little while and reported back to me that Noah ran at top speed the whole time.  Julian was a little shy at first, then ran laps around all his friends.  Both got a t-shirt with a "counter" on the back to keep track of how many laps they made.  Noah ran 15 laps and Julian ran 5.   Noah was a little disappointed that he didn't run as many laps as he said he wanted to.  When I asked him yesterday how many he thought he could run he said 30.  The pledge sheet said "most kids run between 12-25 laps."  That's my boy…overachiever just like his mama!  


Leo was able to get a few pictures of both boys, Noah ran laps the whole time.  Julian's "track" was more like an obstacle course.  What a fun day they both had!


Noah is behind the girl in white shorts

Look at that stride!  

I can't tell, but I think he's holing up his index finger…he's #1!

High steps!

He's gonna pass her!!

Through the tunnel….

and he's spent.

No comments: