Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Fast Food Addict

I'm trying, I really am.  But during the first 3 months of this pregnancy I had a serious aversion to all vegetables.  I couldn't choke them down if my life depended on it.  Now I'm back on the greens bandwagon.  I've been trying to eat salads and broccoli with dinner.  I even bought baby carrots to snack on.  Little packets of guacamole too, that counts, right?  For diner tonight I am making a soup that is essentially a dozen different veggies; peeled, boiled and pureed.  I'm even going to make chips out of kale.

Good grief, I am a sucker for Jack In The Box.  Disgusting I know.  But seems like whenever I am out and pass one I have to stop for fries, or tacos, or a smoothie, or a chorizo burrito.  You get the picture.  This all started a few months back when I was feeling rather queasy through most of the day.  My go-to food of choice was the strawberry smoothie and a medium fries from JITB.  This food pretty much got me through the day and made me feel better when I was eating it.

I don't know what this says about peanut #3.  With Noah I craved Cinna-bon and bologna early in the pregnancy (not together mind you).  Later it was roasted chicken.  With Julian I craved meatloaf, pickles, and fruit juice.  Excluding the doughy gooey frosted cinnamon roll craving, I have pretty much eaten healthy through my pregnancies.  I guess the "real fruit smoothie" isn't so bad.  But it's also made with ice cream.  I seriously have to kick this habit!

So my end point is, if you are with me and I mention JITB please smack some sense into me and don't let me do it.  Give me an apple instead.



No comments: