Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Adventures in homemade baby food

It's about that time...Naomi is 4 and 1/2 months old I think she's ready to try out a little baby food.  She will start with rice cereal.  Since I'm at home I decided to try and make it myself instead of buying a box of it at the store.  Way back when I was still pregnant I saw a little something called the Baby Bullet.  It's essentially the exact same thing as the Bullet (the blender) but smaller and cuter...it has happy faces on the containers!  If you know me at all you know I can't resist anything in miniature size, and the happy faces were really damn cute.  So cute in fact that I gave one to my bestie Elena at her most recent baby shower!  Hope you've had a chance to use it Len!  Anyways, it comes with a storing tray that has 6 spaces so I can make 6 meals at a time and pop the tray in the freezer or fridge.  Fortunately for me, Leo totally indulges my crazy antics and got me the Baby Bullet cook book!  It's totally cute, with little happy faced fruits, veggies and chickens throughout the recipe pages...they help me "see" what goes in the recipe so I never have to read a recipe again (if you really know me, you know I rarely read directions to anything, including recipes).  So tonight I ground up some brown rice and will give it a go sometime in the next few days.  Here are a few pictures!  


brown rice in the happy blender

cute face, right?

time to mill the rice

happy face full of milled rice

tah-dah!!




1 comment:

Sheelagh said...

This is awesome! I bought a regular sized food processor way back when Addie was born and have been using that for baby food making. These are too cute though! LOVE it!