Sunday, June 5, 2011

Growing baby, growing appetite - 6 months

This has been my most different pregnancy.  Aside from the queasies early on, I've had wacky emotions and wild mood swings.  My skin has been less radiant and my nails are chipping (hello pre-natal vitamins, aren't you supposed to take care of all that?).  I will admit my hair seems nice and full though.
  
Another difference with this pregnancy compared to my past ones is that I haven't been eating nearly as much food.  I've had less cravings and more aversions.  So while I've been eating less the choices have been much healthier - yogurt, fruit, vegetables, and fish - which has probably been my main craving. Seafood of any kind, I can't get enough, bring it on. After months of eating like a bird and putting on one pound here and there I am finally venturing into pig-out mode.  I am starting to notice I will eat anything within arms reach.  I seem to be growing exponentially as a result.  But since my doctor mentioned that this baby seems to be smaller sized I'm not too concerned with my food intake...maybe she is just a late bloomer and only now is having a huge growth spurt.  Mind you I will not be disappointed if she is 7 - 8 pounds when she's born.  No one needs to go through birthing 11+ pounds of baby more than once.


6 months front view



6 months side view

No comments: