Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Merry Christmas Month

It's finally here!  DECEMBER!  The month all us kids wait for because we were all so "nice" we plan on getting loads of gifts from Santa.  Ok, so I'm still a kid at heart and love getting presents.  But now that I'm older, I love giving presents equally as much as receiving them.  There's nothing better than seeing the joy in someone's face when they open your gift and it's perfect...exactly what they wanted (even if they didn't know it).  In fact I love and am so gifted at shopping that there are times I think I should get me a job as a personal shopper.  But that's another blog for another day.


I like to say my favorite season is Fall and my favorite holiday is Halloween.  But this year I have more of a heart-swelling excitement for Christmas.  I couldn't wait to get my decorations up and start playing Christmas music.  I'm looking forward to finishing up my shopping list.  I can't wait to start baking cookies and wrapping presents.  But deep down I know it's more than gifts, decorations, and desserts.  It's a feeling of awe as I see my kids excited for celebrations this year.  A sentimental feeling towards family and friends.  A gratefulness for all that I have.  You'll likely see me trying to shake a lump out of my throat or hold back a tear when some silly holiday commercial or song is on....because I'm really thinking about someone special to me. 



Here are my little Who's with Santa.


No comments: