Monday, March 17, 2008

Noah's 2nd Birthday (the party)


We had Noah's 2nd birthday party at Vasona Park in Los Gatos on the 15th. The weeks leading up to his party day were absolutely gorgeous. Perfect sunny, warm days. Then on Monday the 10th, I started to watch the news for the weather reports. Beautiful days in the forecast, but rain on Saturday. Why would the weather Gods do this to me?! I was irate! I moaned and complained and cried on every drive home that week, begging for the weather people to be wrong. Friday rolled around and the reports stayed consistent - showers all day. I scrambled making calls to alternative venues - they were all booked. I felt like a miserable failure of a birthday party planner.

Saturday morning was pretty enough, the sun was out, but it was cold. Leo and I decided that our family and friends could just stick it out for a couple hours. Thank goodness we only had to brave a few minutes of rain, then a few more minutes of hail. All and all the party was great. The kids played until they were tired, everyone ate until they could eat no more. And I have been redeemed as the party planner I know myself to be.













No comments: